jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think about mainstream hip hop these days?

1. profile image53
    bsohalposted 7 years ago

What do you think about mainstream hip hop these days?

2. profile image0
    OrangeKidposted 7 years ago

Pretty much all music genres aren't as good as they used to be. It is really sad that there isn't as much talent as there was 10 - 20 years ago.

As for music (especially hip-hop), it's not good at all.

3. profile image0
    cillamposted 7 years ago

I agree with orangekid music has changed so much and now it's not about talent it's about how lucky you are. I don't want to take anything away from those artists that have worked hard for years trying to make it and finally they get a chance but the truth is starring at us daily.

4. profile image0
    surlyoldcatposted 7 years ago

And the other two posters before me neglected to mention that most hip hop lyrics ay more are about "How rich I am, yo", "You ain't s**t cause you got no bling, yo", "Look at these b****es, you got none and I smack them up 'cause I'm a real man, yo" for the guys or for the women its "I'm a slut" or "I'm a stuck up snot and you got nothing on me, b***h", or "I'm rich and can do whatever I want", and so on and so forth.
    Hip hop and rap used to very much like it's contemporary music when lyrics involved that cute girl up the street, or how tough it was to be from the wrong side of the tracks, or how great it is to find success I'm sharing it, or about cherished family. Sadly, thugs took it over and turned the genre into a smelly heap of crap.

working