jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

In your opinion, what is the best musical film ever made in history?

1. kimfaner profile image58
    kimfanerposted 7 years ago

In your opinion, what is the best musical film ever made in history?

I have watched quite a lot of musical films-- I love them all! But, just this Monday, I watched "Singing in the Rain" and it was just wonderful. I used to think all musical films are wonderful in their own ways; "Singing in the Rain" just broke that belief in me. And i feel fabulous. What do you think?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4545351_f260.jpg

2. AlanSwenson profile image78
    AlanSwensonposted 7 years ago

Sound of Music, it still lives in our culture today full force.

3. kimfaner profile image58
    kimfanerposted 7 years ago

Alan: Of course, The Sound of Music is wonderful. I love Julie Andrews. I  am looking forward to seeing "Mary Poppins" this weekend. Great choice! smile

4. zoey24 profile image77
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

My favourite musical has always been Annie.

5. MystMoonstruck profile image82
    MystMoonstruckposted 6 years ago

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

An original  musical written for the screen, it's filled with wonderful songs with which I love to sing along. The dancing is amazing~and not just the barnraising! "Lonesome Polecat" is especially memorable. The brothers are handsome AND redheaded! Speaking as a redhead: Hooray! Howard Keel and Jane Powell are a wonderful matchup; I like them together more than Keel and Kathryn Grant, especially because I like Powell's voice better. Michael Kidd's choreography is up there with Gene Kelly's for athleticism and imagination. (He also did "Hello, Dolly!" and "Guys and Dolls", just to mention a couple of my other favorites.)

However, one of the most joyous moments in all of film has to be Gene Kelly "singin' and dancin' in the rain." *sigh*

working