jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are there so many celebrities that are gay?

1. gclitty profile image89
    gclittyposted 7 years ago

Why are there so many celebrities that are gay?

2. spiritmoney7 profile image60
    spiritmoney7posted 7 years ago

Well i think it is because they get influenced by the celebrity lifestyle and other celebrities. Reseach has shown that before stardom most of these celebrities were straight, but as soon as the fame came it was followed by different kind of perversion and and dangerous lifestyle like drug abuse. So wrong influence is one of the major cause.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

In relation to the general public no more celebrities are gay than the rest of the population. It's just more public.

But, gay people are often drawn to the arts. Not all, but many.

4. Cordlessaccount profile image65
    Cordlessaccountposted 7 years ago

Not gay myself, but I think that if there exists a general dislike towards you, you will pressure yourself to do the best you can. Gays become successful in an attempt to fight stereotypes.

5. Sunny Barb profile image61
    Sunny Barbposted 7 years ago

There are gay and hetersexuals every where, whether they are at celebrity status or not.  Some are artists, some are in fashion, some are musicians, some are athletes, some are even in the military.  They have always been here, but in today's world they are more comfortable "coming out." Actor  Rock Hudson from some years back kept it a secret for quite some time, because he was a sex symbol and adored by women. He was also fearful of what it would do to his career.  He did not fit the stereotypic gay like flaming Nathan Lane in "The Bird Cage." Gays are in every profession just as hetersexuals are.

working