jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is there to do at an anime convention?

1. ezhang profile image
    ezhangposted 7 years ago

What is there to do at an anime convention?

What is there to do at an anime convention? As an anime/manga fan, I wonder if it's worth it to attend a convention. What kind of activities are offered?

2. GreatSiteBabbler profile image52
    GreatSiteBabblerposted 7 years ago

Check out the Hotties!
    Sorry, just kidding.
    But you haven't mentioned anywhere whether you are going to promote your stuffs through a booth or just pay a visit to the Con as an anime fan.

3. angelahart profile image58
    angelahartposted 6 years ago

Well you can sell some stuffs if you have any to sell, you can also make new friends and interact with other people of your same interest.

4. Simone Smith profile image94
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

Below is an outline of 12 awesome things to do at comic and anime conventions.  These are, of course, only some of the many, many awesome things you may experience should you ever attend one.  If you're a seasoned convention-goer, I hope you feel as warmly about these activities as I do.  If you're a convention virgin, I hope I may inspire you to take the plunge. read more

5. Chris Qu profile image93
    Chris Quposted 6 years ago

He may have been joking, but there's some truth to it: checking out people's cosplay and getting pictures is one of the most interesting parts of attending anime conventions. In addition to this, however, there are often interesting panels to attend, perhaps musical performances, screenings of new animes or films, autograph signings, and fun shows. In particular, I love when shows do "Cosplay chess."

There's also the artist alley where you can get beautiful custom artwork that you'd be unable to get anywhere else, the dealers rooms where you might be able to find a deal on some cool stuff. And many cons have a video game room, where you can chill out and have fun. I actually got to play an arcade Shinobi cabinet this past year at NYCC, which was really cool to me.