jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

There was a movie where there was a woman who couldn't break the surface of a we

1. profile image48
    melancholyidposted 6 years ago

There was a movie where there was a woman who couldn't break the surface of a well, ...

I saw this movie when I was a kid.  All I can remember was towards the end, there was a woman in a well, and it was full of water, and when she got to the top she couldn't break the surface, like there was something magic making the surface of the water hard.  I believe she drowned.  Anyone have even the slightest idea what movie that was?

2. ExplodingPopTart profile image58
    ExplodingPopTartposted 6 years ago

It sounds like you are describing The Ring, but I know that couldn't be it, seeing as how it's a recent movie!

3. MystMoonstruck profile image82
    MystMoonstruckposted 6 years ago

If it was a swimming pool instead of a well, I'd think it was this:
    The Legacy aka The Legacy of Maggie Walsh (1978) starring Sam Elliott, Katharine Ross, Roger Daltrey, Charles Gray
    From Wikipedia: Shortly thereafter, the European guests proceed to die via increasingly mysterious and gruesome means. Maria, despite being an excellent swimmer, somehow becomes trapped under the surface of Jason's indoor pool and is drowned.
    You can read the plot summary here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legacy_(1979_film)

4. RNMSN profile image90
    RNMSNposted 6 years ago

Legend...dude best movie of all time
    but it was Tom Cruise thats trapped uder the frozen water and his fiance was stolen by the demon..Tim Curry played the demon
    and the Music!!! gorgeous...
    oh gracious sakes alive as I live and breathe thatmovie is the best ever!!!

working