jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you listen to the same music as your parents now that you are older?

1. sangre profile image94
    sangreposted 6 years ago

Would you listen to the same music as your parents now that you are older?

When you were younger, your parents taste in music was nothing like your taste in music. Now you are older, do you still feel the same?

2. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

My mum and dad both had a great taste in music. Back in the sixties they were into beatles, the who etc and I loved the music. Their tastes are quite wide and varied. It meant I didnt ever have to buy vinyls when I was younger as my parents had already bought them. Now that Im 45 and my parents are 70, they still have great taste in music. They both love Beady Eye (my fave), take that, arcade fire, amy winehouse and many many more.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I absolutely love the music my parents listened to.   My taste in music has changed so much over the years.  I discovered classical in the 90's and used to love country--now I can't stand hearing country music--for some reason I have a very negative visceral response to it.

Sometimes I hear a rock and roll song from my teen years and think--"wow that used to sound better--they aren't even singing on key."

4. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago

Oddly enough, most of my taste in music comes from my parents and my sister (who is nearly eleven years older than I am).  Even in my teens during the late eighties and early nineties, I was a bigger fan of music from the 60's and 70's than any other decade.  I didn't even discover the "rock" music of my own generation until the century had turned.  Now, I love what I never listened to as a teenager.  In truth, musically, I love, love, love everything from Bach to Rock - but I have a special taste for classic rock from the late 60's, early 70's, and alternative/grunge rock from the 90's.  I love a lot of the punky alternative stuff from now and the earlier part of the 2000's as well.

5. laneanders profile image59
    laneandersposted 6 years ago

No my mother was a huge country music fan.  Now she listens to gospel exclusively.  I am a pure rock man myself.

6. mondejar2009 profile image59
    mondejar2009posted 6 years ago

Of course some are influenced by them but for me I only listen to what I really loved.