Why is Dr. Who still such a popular show?

1. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Why is Dr. Who still such a popular show?

Is it because they change the main character so often, or is there something else about this quirky show that keeps attracting viewers?

2. waynet profile image74
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Dr Who is still such a popular show because it's stories are limitless and the confines of time and space mean anything can happen, meaning that it won't ever go stale like most tv series do, sure there can be old classics like the Daleks and the Cyberman popping up from time to time, but the whole premise of the show keeps it fresh and with the central character becoming a different Doctor with each regeneration makes it fun to watch to see each Doctor the same person but act and sound different with slightly different personality traits.

Also it's great these types of tv shows as it shows what could be out there in space and what's possible with technology today and the future of our own technological advances!

The show is fun and serious at the same time and many people look forward to it, I sure do!

3. profile image51
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

I agree 100% with waynet. I would also like to add that the intricacy of the stories and the characters is amazing. For me, it is a highly intelligent show that combines humor, drama, and fantasy (for now!) all in one show, Especially these days with reality TV being so popular, it is great to have a show that is in no way "dumbed-down" for the audience.
    I love Doctor Who, and hope for many more years of it.