jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who are your favorite pianists of the 20th century?

1. MichaelStonehill profile image59
    MichaelStonehillposted 6 years ago

Who are your favorite pianists of the 20th century?

2. WindMaestro profile image60
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

I would have to say that one of my favorite pianists would have to be Vince Guaraldi. He isn't the most talented, but the smooth jazz he produces is very satisfying to listen to, and he made the movie "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown". My favorite pianist of all time is Isaac Shepard however. The music he creates is so original, so pure, and he captures the mood and theme of ever topic he tries to express in his music. And, I have a little soft spot for him, because his song "Leaves in the Wind" helped me to hook up with the love of my life. smile

3. Ari Lamstein profile image81
    Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years ago

Vladimir Horowitz, Arthur Rubenstein, Sviatoslav Richter, Glenn Gould, Rachmaninoff and Alfred Brendel.

4. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

Vladimir Ashenazy, because he has a more unique interpretation of some of Chopin's works.

5. Ken Barton profile image57
    Ken Bartonposted 6 years ago

Hands down, my favorite pianist is Victor Borge.  The way he added humor to his music always lifted my spirits.  He is greatly missed in this 21st century of ours.

6. Billrrrr profile image83
    Billrrrrposted 6 years ago

No doubt, Bent Fabric  -  of course.

You seem to be scratching your head and saying, 'who the H..L is Bent Fabric?' 
      You know who he is, you just probably forgot.  He wrote and recorded a little tune called, "Alley Cat",

7. giselenmendez profile image61
    giselenmendezposted 6 years ago

I would have to say Glenn Gould, Rachmaninoff and Horowitz.