jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What was the best invention of the 20th century?

1. Ari Lamstein profile image80
    Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago

What was the best invention of the 20th century?

2. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

The transistor as the foundation of all modern electronics. Splitting the atom as a close second.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I would say from a health standpoint, Antibiotics. Imagine how many lives have been saved by them. Beforehand, So many lives were taken from what started as simple infections that would get out of control and kill.

4. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

the vacuum cleaner. We have a golden retriever who sheds a lot....lol!!!

5. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

Hi Ari,

This answer is very straight forward, it's the car or motorcycle of course. Never mind half atoms and the transistor. Yes I know, these date from earlier centuries depending on which expert or patent office you talk to, but don't they count as evergreen content, ha.

Seriously though, I think it's simply a choice of 2, the internet and the mobile phone. I can't decide which though I think the internet has the edge.

Which other inventions have served to bring mankind to a closer universal understanding of each other. Yes, absolutely, mankind still has a huge way to go but surely with these 2 tools alone, world peace and cultural understanding has to be a realistic goal.

Just a mad little thought, from a mad little Irishman,

MJ.

working