jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What songs helped you through a heart-break?

1. Alastar Packer profile image82
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

What songs helped you through a heart-break?

2. ChristianRecca profile image60
    ChristianReccaposted 6 years ago

when my mom died, i listened a lot to 'casimir pulaski day' by sufjan stevens on the 'illinois' record. also, neil young has a lot to offer--'only love can break your heart,' 'unknown legend,' 'bandit,' etc. whole albums might be good, such as dylan's 'blood on the tracks' or joni mitchell's 'blue.' check out my hubs while you're at it, especially my two elegies.

3. Alastar Packer profile image82
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Broke up with a fiance after three years in the'80s: the mad and sad ones, 'Only Time Will Tell'- Asia, 'I Don't Care Anymore'- Phil Collins; and the hopeful ones, 'After All That We've Been Through'- Chicago, 'Every Step You Take'- Police.

4. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago

For me, it was Coldplay's "Fix You" - and it wasn't long after that breakup that I found the man who did. smile

5. Jawanza profile image74
    Jawanzaposted 6 years ago

"Asleep" by the Smiths.
    Also, faith based music really helps me.
    Like to listen to music about an infinite love. Flyleaf. David Crowder Band. Mali Music.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

"Alone You Breathe" by Savatage helped me get through a rough patch in the 90s when a very dear friend of mine passed away after a struggle with chronic kidney disease. She was only 27 years old.

working