jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you believe that the music of today has as much content as the ones in the 70

1. ComfortB profile image87
    ComfortBposted 6 years ago

Do you believe that the music of today has as much content as the ones in the 70s & 80s?

I was listening to a Karaoke CD that my 5 yr old got from a fast food drive-thru, it's got some 80's songs on the CD; Celebration - from Kool & The Gang, Rhythm of the night - Debarge, and Heaven is a place on earth - Belinda Carlisle. These are positive lyrics I can actually let him listen to. Something I don't believe I can do with todays lyrics.

2. KiandraRutledge profile image67
    KiandraRutledgeposted 6 years ago

To be honest with you, the majority of my music collection comes from the late 70s and the 80s (my favorite decade).  I loved the music back then not only because of the instrumentation they used, but yes I enjoyed good feel good lyrics and positive lyrics.  Don't get me wrong the 70s and 80s had some cheesy and fluffy lyrical content too, but more so today it seems to be more boasting about what kind of material things one has, or how much money, a lot of sex and partying.  But overall, I don't think the content of today's music is as great as the 70s and 80s.

3. Extinct Soul profile image59
    Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago

You're right 70s & 80s were the ideal music, but don't you think your son would be way behind if he would listen to the old ones? hmm...I suggest you still let him listen to some new one, infairness to the new generation musicians, some of them were still good, like Coldplay (I wasn't promoting them lol I just think they've got some clean lyrics), and some country music and the likes. Just continue to guide him in terms of music.

4. Wonder Referrals profile image38
    Wonder Referralsposted 6 years ago

The music of the 70s & 80s even 90s had much better content than
    today's music because;
    1. Today's music is sampling of yesterday's music of the 70's and 80"s.
    2. Today's music have no story to tell.
    3. The vocal quality of today's much is not as strong, most of the time
    you really can't understand it's clarity.

working