jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why are people not satisfied with what they have?

1. workload profile image37
    workloadposted 6 years ago

Why are people not satisfied with what they have?

2. joejagodensky profile image60
    joejagodenskyposted 6 years ago

I think it's because the U.S. culture teaches us that more is always calling for more.  Credit cards have made it far too easy to accumulate more of what you do not own.

Our parents taught us not to spend all of our allowance in one place.

3. profile image0
    MiAmore15posted 6 years ago

In my opinion, people aren't satisfied with what they have because society weighs in on what's "acceptable" in materialistic things. The need to constantly out-do the 'joneses' is always on the minds of individuals. Whether or not people were raised to be thankful for what they have and understand the worth of a hard-earned dollar, or were raised in an environment where things were constantly handed to them-advancement is always something people look for. It's all basically a mode of competition-realized or not.

4. Nspeel profile image75
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

Everyone wants better. As you improve your salary or knowledge it only feeds you to have more and more. In the case with money the more you have the more you spend. It is almost never the case the more you have the more your save. People will always want what they cannot have which leads to not being satisfied with what they do have.

5. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

If you are insinuating it is wrong, I am afraid it is not correct. If everybody is satisfied with what they have then there will not be any progress.

Improvement in society has happened because of the man's insatiable quest for search - always seeking better things and always seeking improvement.

6. Hubpage Gal profile image60
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

People are not satisfied with what they have because of the economical principle that wants are insatiable that means that wants can not ever be satisfied.  That is why when there is a choice between a want or a need it is best to select the latter.

working