jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Wondering the reaction of those die hard star trek fans on Zachary Quinto coming

1. cosmicdust profile image60
    cosmicdustposted 6 years ago

Wondering the reaction of those die hard star trek fans on Zachary Quinto coming out as gay?

Is the sexuality of the actor who portrays Superhero Spock important?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5685581_f260.jpg

2. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

I dont think anyone cares if hes gay or not.

3. Stevennix2001 profile image92
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

i don't think star trek fans honestly care unless they rewrite the character to make Spock gay too, then I can see them crying foul over it.  Not that there's anything wrong with being gay, as I think everyone has the right to live however they choose. 

Besides, just because the man is gay, it doesn't mean that he can't play the character.  Hell, look at Sir Ian McKellan.  He's gay, and openly admits it too, but nobody considers it a big deal when he plays the infamous Magneto, a character known to be straight in comics.  So I don't see this as a problem at all, as I think it's more of the character he plays in the Star Trek films they would be more concerned about, but not the actor's lifestyle.  After all, star trek fans still love George Takei, and he's openly gay, so there you go.

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image57
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

This is 2011, not 1950 where Hollywood created fake personas for actors like Rock Hudson or Tab Hunter. Homosexual actors have been playing straight characters since movies began.

5. MetAlex profile image61
    MetAlexposted 6 years ago

An actor's sexuality is of no importance to me, and I am  Star Trek fan.

6. profile image0
    ThomasRydderposted 6 years ago

I don't think it has any bearing, but that fans and movie goers are much more concerned with his talent and how actors in general make their characters believable and an integral part of the movie. Besides, if we knew HALF of what actors and actresses do in their off hours, we'd likely never step foot in a theatre again.

7. ttagpine profile image80
    ttagpineposted 5 years ago

This has nothing to do with Star Trek, but being gay certainly hasn't hurt Woody Harrelson's career.

working