jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are some good Japanese horror movies?

1. mystiquedoz profile image61
    mystiquedozposted 6 years ago

What are some good Japanese horror movies?

2. vmartinezwilson profile image87
    vmartinezwilsonposted 6 years ago

Hmm, where do I start?  You can try Kwaidan or Rashomon by Kurosawa if you're into classic films.  They are so very good. I write a little about Rashomon here: http://vmartinezwilson.hubpages.com/hub … -Halloween

There's also a little bit about Audition in that hub, which is directed by Takashi Miike, who does several horror movies including The Three Extremes, Imprint and One Missed Call. 

You can also do the originals of: The Ring, called Ringu; The Grudge, called Ju-On or The Eye.  That should be a good starting point!

3. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Tales from the Dead is really good...I vmartinezwlson gave some good suggestions...I also couldn't sleep all night after watching Kairo (Pulse).  That's a great one.

4. rai2722 profile image71
    rai2722posted 6 years ago

I've watched Ringu and The Eye, they're both great movie. If you like Japanese's horror movie, you should also check out Thailand's horror. They are also great.

5. Jmarket Staff profile image62
    Jmarket Staffposted 6 years ago

I thought the Japanese version of Grudge was much scarier than Hollywood version.

6. zoey24 profile image75
    zoey24posted 6 years ago

Definately 'The Ring' and there is one called 'Shutter' but i am not 100 percent sure that is japanese.