jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Will we ever see another Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, Jay-Z, or Muhammad Ali

1. tHErEDpILL profile image88
    tHErEDpILLposted 6 years ago

Will we ever see another Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, Jay-Z, or Muhammad Ali?

Are these type of icons a once in a lifetime thing or will there ever be a different generations version of them?  We are still waiting in my opinion....

2. John Sarkis profile image84
    John Sarkisposted 6 years ago

Yes, I believe so...  The fact is that people are now more knowledgeable and smarter than ever before, so the possibilities are endless. 

No one ever thought that there would be another Newton, and then Einstein came along....

3. Marturion profile image60
    Marturionposted 6 years ago

I think your question kind of answers itself:  Muhammad Ali was an icon of the 60's and 70's.  Michael Jackson was an icon of the 70's and 80's.  Michael Jordan was an icon of the 80's and 90's.  jay-Z is an icon of the new century.  Icons are created, in a sense, by the collective will of the masses.  The next one may come from anywhere.

4. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Well, I don't know who Michael Jordan or Jay-Z are, but as far as the other two are concerned, I hope we don't see any more like them.  Jackson, with all his surgery to try and be white, as well as being a useless entertainer, was an insult to his race, and Ali, just a big mouth.

5. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

While it is possible I do feel along with the financial stability of North America it feels a lot like the creativity is also draining away as well.