jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is there a movie out there that you like that was universally panned by critics

1. priley84 profile image93
    priley84posted 6 years ago

Is there a movie out there that you like that was universally panned by critics and audiences?

Like, even after hearing all of the negative criticisms directed toward the film, you stood your ground and defened the movie. Do you have a film like that?

A few of mine: The Happening, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge, The Legend of Bagger Vance, and many others.

2. Cogerson profile image81
    Cogersonposted 6 years ago

I actually just did a hub on this very subject....and some of the movies I listed were Fandango with Kevin Costner, A Life Less Ordinary with Cameron Diaz, Swimming With Sharks with Kevin Spacey and Wicker Park with Josh Hartnett.

3. danielleeu profile image53
    danielleeuposted 6 years ago

I like one of them you listed Patrick, The Legend of Bagger Vance.  I also like one of Cogerson's, A Life Less Ordinary.  And I even really liked All About Steve (the lead part is well played by Sandra Bullock...with someone else in that role it could have played out very "crazy lady/stalker like", but with her the character is just a bit socially clueless, sweet, and quirky).

The next question is: What movies have a lot of people loved that you HATED?  For me, one of the biggies would be the first Twilight movie.  It was HORRIBLE!!!!  And The Kids Are All Right...way overhyped!  Oh, and Black Swan, I pretty much hated it.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I loved "Howard the Duck" -- actually saw that one in a theatre in 1986. Judging from its famously meager boxoffice, I think I am one of only a few dozen people who can make that claim. smile

5. Hayley Richardson profile image81
    Hayley Richardsonposted 6 years ago

Freddy Got Fingered.  Everyone I know hates it, and it's got an 11% critics rating on Rotten Tomato but I think it's hilarious.

working