jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think it is really wonderful ...

1. singleaple profile image70
    singleapleposted 6 years ago

Do you think it is  really wonderful ...

Do you think it is  really wonderful that a total stranger in Britain can talk to a total stranger in the USA via Hubpages. All barriers to communication and friendship therefore being removed.

I personally thing it is wondeful to talk to a complete stranger in a foreign country to mine and often find I can find something in common with them.

2. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

Yes. I think it has the potential to improve the quality of life world wide. Of course, there are many obstacles, and disruptive forces opposing positive progress. Not everyone is nice.

Also . . . we remain strangers behind masks and contrived identities. It is a masquerade.

3. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I always enjoy talking to people, and talking to people via HubPages makes my days more fun.  Communication is so much more interesting when you can learn from anyone anywhere in the world!

4. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

I think it is wonderful that you can communicate with someone's mind and not think of  the persons physical appearance or how they walk and move  because you learn more by just reading interesting information they type up and it is fun.

5. Leanna McCarthy profile image68
    Leanna McCarthyposted 6 years ago

I also think that's awesome! The internet is amazing for that. We can communicate and be connected with people we otherwise wouldn't know existed. Big HI to all my HubPages friends : )

6. petenali profile image85
    petenaliposted 6 years ago

If you have moved across the world away from family, the availability of face to face communication over the internet is a wonderful thing.  I use it to keep up to date with distant relatives.  With everything, there is always a down side and the access we have to each other is certainly open to abuse by some people. 

If common sense was still as common as it used to be, the potential dangers of talking to strangers online could be avoided.  Alas, it isn't...