jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

When Was the Last Time You Stopped to Help a Total Stranger ?

1. lj gonya profile image60
    lj gonyaposted 5 years ago

When Was the Last Time You Stopped to Help a Total Stranger ?

2. forall profile image60
    forallposted 5 years ago

Today.

3. profile image0
    Marie Brannonposted 5 years ago

The last time I stopped to help a total stranger was yesterday, in a restaurant. Being a senior citizen, I don't stop to help anybody on the side of the road or any other place where I might be putting myself in danger.  I stop to help people, for example, who have dropped something in the grocery store aisle or who can't reach something on a shelf.

These days, I prefer doing anonymous 'random acts of kindness'.  They are just between me and God as I understand God, and I don't need any human recognition.  Some of them are quite fun.

1. duffsmom profile image59
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like the way you think.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Like Marie being older I would not stop by the side of the road. It is too dangerous. I would place a call on my cell for assistance if I thought someone needed it.  I don't go to stores anymore (hip problem, can't walk) but when I did, I always tried to help people that might need it.

Random acts of kindness are a kick.  When you do that anonymously and don't expect any credit, it becomes more about the deed and the one you help then the one who has done the good deed.

working