jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you love about going to the Theatre?

1. mooboomoo profile image80
    mooboomooposted 5 years ago

What do you love about going to the Theatre?

Is it the atmosphere, the fact that anything can happen because it's live? Do you make a night of it - dinner, drinks, show and a walk along the river? Is theatre a romantic gesture - Gents do you go along because the Ladies want you to? What makes you want to see a show? Tell me about your Theatre experiences!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6195878_f260.jpg

2. Saleeln18 profile image69
    Saleeln18posted 5 years ago

I like going to the movies with people, never alone. I particularly like going with my girlfriend (double dates as well). It's the dark setting and the exclusivity that really makes it a more enjoyable experience (if you know what I mean), as opposed to being cooped up in her house with the parents. Although some parts of the movie are usually missed, due to the extra activities (if you know what I mean), I still love going out to the movies and dinner with her.

Also I will only see certain movies in theaters, movies that I am confident will be good otherwise I won't want to waste my money on it. Unless of course someone else pays for it, in that case I always talk and crack jokes to the person that took me just to make it a more comical experience (as opposed to sitting there in a resentful solitude).

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Seeing other people. I'm always inside so much. Also the pop-corn, the soda's, the chance to see something before others, an exciting new film, the wonders of the theater, etc.

4. mooboomoo profile image80
    mooboomooposted 5 years ago

Ah you misunderstand, I am asking about Live Theatre, plays and musicals in the West End or on Broadway! I forgot the US/UK differences!

5. artsandlearning profile image60
    artsandlearningposted 3 years ago

Going to the theater is a unique experience. Encouraging children and young people to go to the theater opens up a new world to them and may even encourage them to take an interest in drama at school.

working