jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which are the three pieces of music guaranteed to take you back in time or make

1. tobusiness profile image86
    tobusinessposted 6 years ago

Which are the three pieces of music guaranteed to take you back in time or make you cry, and why

I love music, some of my favourites includes artists such as; Marvin Gaye, Simon and Garfunkel, Seal, Ava Cassidy , and various classicals, to name but a few. But the three pieces of music that touches me each and every time I hear them are Pachelbel's canon in D major, The Dock of the Bay, by Otis Reading and Born Free by Mat Monro.
    Which three Pieces of music brings a tear to your eye and why?

2. profile image0
    MP50posted 6 years ago

Guns and roses Axel Rose sweet child of mine, reminds me of the love I have for my daughter.

Deep purple, Ian Gillan child of time, reminds me of the love I have for the World.

Smokey Robinson, tears of a clown, remind me to be happy no matter what.

There are many more these are the first three that came to mind.

3. Literature Fairy profile image78
    Literature Fairyposted 6 years ago

For me it's:

Wet wet wet- 'Love is all around.' It always reminds me of my mother, it was her favourite song. She passed away when I was nine.

Snow Patrol- 'This isn't everything you are.' It's a relatively new song, but it came out around the time my boyfriend and I were going through a really rough patch and I thought we were going to split up. We got over it, but that song still takes me back to that time.

There are many more but none that I can think of for any specific reason other than just the emotional depth of the song, e.g: The Fray- 'How to save a life.' Linkin Park- 'Leave out all the rest.' so so many more!

LF x

4. irenemaria profile image72
    irenemariaposted 6 years ago

Three songs that affect me deeply! Sweet love and hard pain. read more

5. Rod Marsden profile image75
    Rod Marsdenposted 6 years ago

First up I would say A Hard Day's Night by the Beetles. I used to be a shift worker.

Second up I would say the original introductory theme music to Doctor Who. It still gives me goose bumps when I hear it. This was experimental synthesizer stuff. I don't know why an outfit as conservative as the BBC at the time allowed it to be used but I am very glad that they did so. They probably didn't think Doctor Who would last for very long on the air so they were happy to let the young music boffins play for as long as the show lasted. Well, the introductory theme has been changed many times but I still love the original because it really got to me and still does to this day. Among other things this style of theme music well suited the Doctor's number one nemesis, the Daleks. The introductory sound track to the 1956 outer space film Forbidden Planet is almost as haunting.

Third up I would say the original introductory sound track to Star Trek. It puts you on a space vessel with a five year mission to explore new worlds and to go where no man (now no one) has ever gone before.

What can I say, I love my SF.

6. Nights Dream profile image60
    Nights Dreamposted 6 years ago

Holes in the floor of heaven - Steve Warner: The day my wife died, it rained.
    Careless Whisper - Wham!: The first song I slow danced to.
    Forever Young - Rod Stewart: the day I graduated high school, it was played on the radio.