jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to become famous without doing anything bad on someone else?

1. rob_allen profile image84
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

How to become famous without doing anything bad on someone else?

2. John Sarkis profile image83
    John Sarkisposted 6 years ago

You posed your question in a strange fashion.  Are you saying that everyone famous has become so by doing something bad on someone else?

On the flip side, I can name a few people that become famous themselves as a result of someone doing something bad to them - Rodney King comes to mind.  He was beaten to a pulp by these cops and became rich and famous as a result of the beating.

3. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 6 years ago

There are plenty of ways as history has proven. You can be funny and wise like Will Rogers. You can lead a peaceful movement like Gandhi. You can have a lovable children's television show and never say a cross thing about anyone, like Mr. Rogers. You can be an astronaut (a nice one who doesn't get into stupid stunts like kidnapping others). You can be an athlete who doesn't take drugs or harm women or do any of the other stupid things some athletes do. You can be an entertainer and avoid saying or doing something selfish or dumb on Twitter or on the talk shows. Stevie Wonder comes to mind here.

In this day and age it may be the trend that fame and acting badly go hand-in-hand. But it doesn't have to be this way. And, I believe, fame often comes, unsought, to those who are just nice, decent people in part simply because they are nice, decent people. They may be the exception that "makes the rule", but it sure isn't a bad way to be remembered.

4. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I agree with bethperry. Creating something worthwhile that is enoyable, clean, healthy or fun is always a great way to fame.