Is entertainment losing it's audience?

1. Lorenzo Brown profile image60
    Lorenzo Brownposted 6 years ago

Is entertainment losing it's audience?

Do you think entertainment has lost it's audience as a whole ? Meaning that when it comes to concerts are the artist giving the prople a real entertainment based show that they deserve? Performance is everything let's not forget that.

2. Daxman profile image61
    Daxmanposted 6 years ago

Me and my buddies paid 75USD a pop to be able to see Jigga and Kanye this summer and best believe its gonna be worth every single penny smile

On the other hand i do agree with the fact that people who are paying that same amount to see justin bieber are killing the industry tongue

3. KF Raizor profile image60
    KF Raizorposted 6 years ago

I think it's the opposite.  I think the audience is losing its entertainment.

It used to be when a singer could keep the audience enraptured with the songs.  Now they need pyrotechnics, 50 costume changes, and a video that costs more to make than the CD the song is on did.  Why?  Because the songs aren't the central thing in music anymore.  That sounds ludicrous but it's the truth:  anymore, fans talk about how good-looking the singer is, his/her clothes, the video, and everything EXCEPT the music itself. 

The most amazing thing I've ever seen on a stage is two guys sitting on two stools with two guitars, swapping stories and singing songs.  Music isn't about visuals, it's about what goes into your ears.  When "musicians" started losing sight of that music began to suffer.