jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you like your music loud or soft?

1. hoteltravel profile image72
    hoteltravelposted 5 years ago

Do you like your music loud or soft?

How do you prefer playing music - loud or soft? I have noticed that mostly youngsters like it loud. As people age, they prefer softer music. Is that so?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6328574_f260.jpg

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I like music at the relevant volume to appreciate it.   It  would be a waste of time playing, say, the end of the 1812 at a low volume and it would be waste of time playing the start at a loud volume.

3. Jennifer Stone profile image87
    Jennifer Stoneposted 5 years ago

It depends on the occasion! If I have company and want to chat, then quiet background music. If however if I am throwing a party (which are legendary no matter how old I get!) then loud music to dance to is a must! :-)

4. enjoymentofsound profile image60
    enjoymentofsoundposted 5 years ago

that depends on my mood and what I am doing. When I am busy doing housework or cleaning, I usually want my music loud. But when I am trying to relax and doze off, I prefer to play my music softly. I don't think age matters here. My mother is turning 61 next month and she still loves to listen to the Scorpions with the speaker volumes almost at max. tongue

5. TheHeavyReview profile image72
    TheHeavyReviewposted 5 years ago

Through earbuds I generally listen to music softly, though I occasionally crank it up during my favorite part of a song.  Without earbuds I listen to music at a louder volume, but not at an irritatingly loud volume.  Most of the time I use earbuds, so I guess one could say that I generally listen to music at a soft volume.

Sometimes I listen to certain genres at a lower volume than others.  I generally play more "atmospheric" songs at a lower volume level.  Black metal is another genre I don't really crank up.  But thrash and death metal are very enjoyable at high volumes.

6. Sidewinder6661 profile image71
    Sidewinder6661posted 5 years ago

I prefer it loud, but that's usually because I'm listening while I'm out or at home when Dad is watching the TV, so I turn it up to a high volume to block out background noise. It definitely has to be loud if I'm out on public transportation!

7. darvinbunder profile image60
    darvinbunderposted 5 years ago

To me...
    It all depends on how I'm physically listing to the music (headphones, ear-buds, speakers, etc.), if I'm actively listening or passively listening to the music, the reason I'm listening to the music, and the particular song.

If I wanna get pumped up I listen to relatively fast and loud music. If I wanna relax, I listen to mellow music at a moderate volume. If I treat myself to some music while I sleep, I keep it quiet (for obvious reasons).
    Headphones provide sharp and clear audio, so I don't need the audio too loud (a little less than moderate). I try to not use ear-buds because I love my ears and wish no harm upon them. If I use them, the volume is loud enough so I can hear clearly, but no more than halfway.

I am 21 and my ideal way of listening to music is through noise cancellation headphones at a medium volume so I can get the best audio out  of the songs!

(p.s. I love music so I am obligated to be picky)

working