jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will Ridley Scott's new sci-fi movie Prometheus become a classic like Blade Runn

1. Kenna McHugh profile image87
    Kenna McHughposted 6 years ago

Will Ridley Scott's new sci-fi movie Prometheus become a classic like Blade Runner or Alien?

2. gabrielthomas72 profile image76
    gabrielthomas72posted 6 years ago

I think it's building up to be the film of the year, even more so than Batman or The Avengers. Scott is putting himself right in the firing line by retuening to Alien country, but the Trailers look pretty good. For it to be a classic will take time, if at all. It's difficult to say. Alien and Blade Runner were made in a very different time without the technology we have today. Directors had to rely far more on what they could get out the actors and the story than now. But with Ridley Scott at the helm it has more of a chance than many others.

3. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

Which do you think is more of a classic?  I think Alien was more of an entertaining blockbuster, but I think Blade Runner is more of a long term classic in that it is a film you think about and want to revisit from time to time.

I saw BR not too long after it came out and didn't love it.  Saw it again and liked it, and then really liked it.  What is it about a movie that can get under your skin whether you like it at the time or not?  I think that is one definition of art, maybe not classic films but definitely art.

I will see Prometheus for sure, but good or not, we won't know how it will last for another 20 years or so!

4. RolyRetro profile image84
    RolyRetroposted 5 years ago

On the strength of the trailers, the brilliant cast, and the fact the Scott is back in the directors chair, I would say it is going to be a sci-fi horror classic and the film of the year.

Have you seen some of the viral videos promoting the film?  The care and attention that has gone into setting the scene shows how seriously Scott and the team are taking this.