jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Seen "Prometheus" Yet? It was outstanding!! Five Stars!*****

1. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 5 years ago

Won't spoil for those of who who haven't see it yet, but it was worth the money and I look forward to the sequel. There will be a sequel.

Only one part I didn't like, it could have been left out completely and they still would have had a great film. 

Go see it.....looking for Stevennix2001 review!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I will probably see it, but it won't be in at the movies. wink

donotfearposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It was totally awesome.....I never lost interest.

3. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

Isn't the sequel Alien xD ?

4. innersmiff profile image72
    innersmiffposted 5 years ago

I would say it is a treat for sci-fi fans, and it suspenseful in parts, but the dialogue is unacceptable and the film needs a re-edit. It goes from way too fast to way too slow in a second.

1. innersmiff profile image72
      innersmiffposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Strike that - reverse it.

5. barry1001 profile image61
    barry1001posted 5 years ago

Anyone hoping for another "Alien" will probably be left disappointed.  Although it's set in the same universe and has ties to the original; with the infamous "Space Jockey," it isn't of the same sci-fi/horror genre that Alien is. 

It didn't live up to its hype (but then again it probably never could) but its a good sci-fi movie, though the pace does meander in places.  As many have already said the script is poor as is the characterisation.  Most people will probably love it, it ticks all the right boxes for a summer blockbuster.  I preferred Alien.

donotfearposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I thought the part about Elizabeth getting the alien out of her was not necessary....it didn't add anything and wasn't realistic to think someone who just had a C-section could run move around so well, even after given all the pain meds she was on. 

I like the ties to the first Alien, it explained what needed to be explained about the origin and 'why' of the space jockey.  The gray matter was of their own engineering & backfired on them, simple as that.

I don't understand why they (the space jockey aliens) would want to destroy us, however, and be violent and kill.  That part is unanswered, as it was to the main character.

A sequel will need to follow to tie up loose ends.

1. barry1001 profile image61
        barry1001posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That was part of the problem.  By the time the film finished it posed more questions than it answered and the whole thing felt like a set up for yet another sequel.

working