jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Leaving out movies, what is your favorite classical piece of music and does your

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image83
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years ago

Leaving out movies, what is your favorite classical piece of music and does your imagination soar?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6367157_f260.jpg

2. The Music Man profile image61
    The Music Manposted 5 years ago

Piano Sonata No. 14, also known as "Moonlight Sonata", and yes, I lose myself completely in the first movement.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

The 1812 Overture performed by the Mormon Tabbernacle Choir.  The starting part with the voices, forces  you to listen and the way they build up the tension in the closing stages is beyond compare.  Ah, been tidying up around here, I can't find the thing, I haven't got the name of the orchestra, sorry.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Vivaldi, Four Seasons.  I love those pieces and could listen to them endlessly.  Also most Beethoven makes my imagination get moving.

5. Jools99 profile image92
    Jools99posted 5 years ago

Bruckner's 7th Symphony...I melt and Serenades for Strings by Suk, also gorgeous.

6. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image83
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years ago

I love all of the answers here. Now I have more pieces to look forward to listening to. Vivaldi I have somewhere and also Moonlight Sonata, but I haven't heard them lately.  Thank you.  My favorite (this month -- and off and on for years) is Beethoven's Pathetique.

working