This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which is your favorite - the Twilight or Hunger Games book series and why?

1. Crystal Tatum profile image88
    Crystal Tatumposted 6 years ago

Which is your favorite - the Twilight or Hunger Games book series and why?

What about the movie adaptations - which is best?

2. TheHeavyReview profile image72
    TheHeavyReviewposted 6 years ago

That's a difficult question.  "The Hunger Games" has a lot of action which I like, but the "Twilight" books were much more well written.  Believe it or not, I also really disliked Katniss from "The Hunger Games" and thought the added romance was silly.  I haven't seen "The Hunger Games" movie, but the first "Twilight" was really good, the rest not so much.  "Eclipse" was ok... "Breaking Dawn" was terrible (but that was to be expected).  I'll take Harry Potter over both any day.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I enjoyed both series, but they are totally different.  I actually prefer the Hunger Games series because it has a lot more action and quality of writing is so much better.  The Twilight series is sun the the author has a horrible habit of overwriting.

4. profile image0
    paxwillposted 6 years ago

Stephenie Meyer's prose needs work, but the standards are lower for frivolous tween fiction because young female fans only care about the romantic fantasy; they don't notice how bad of writer she is.

Suzanne Collins writes much more naturally and imaginatively, that's why more adults of both genders read her books.

5. mcleodgi profile image61
    mcleodgiposted 5 years ago

It's a tie between both. Though I'm mostly into the Twilight series for Jacob the werewolf. With the Hunger Games on the contrary, even though I don't have children yet, I already know I definitely wouldn't mind having a daughter like Katniss.smile Though I'd make it so that she wouldn't have to take over for the whole family. Even though I don't hunt myself, I think there's a certain beauty to the art hunting with a bow and arrow, and I tend to value hunting more than I realize. I even watched one of my cats hunt a mouse once and found the whole thing fascinating.  I also have a lot of sympathy for Katniss overall and her situations and I also admire the way she takes responsibility for herself and then some (especially when she steps in for Primrose for the Games-it takes a lot to even make me teary-eyed and I was when I first read that).

6. vampunky profile image58
    vampunkyposted 5 years ago

I prefer the hunger games because it has more action and survival while twilight is mainly just romance with characters making stupid decisions that causes more trouble for themselves. The hunger games has characters building strategies to survive and it portrays how humans can turn on each other to survive.

working