jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

which celebrity have you met that left a lasting impression on you....

1. Sunshine625 profile image95
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

which celebrity have you met that left a lasting impression on you....

2. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I don't know if sports figures count, but Anthony Munoz, former Bengals Football player, is a very remarkable person.  He is very humble and contributes much to his community.

Sunshine625posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Of course sports figures count and you picked a good one!

3. Sunshine625 profile image95
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

My celebrity would be country singer Keith Urban. When I first met him 12 years ago I wasn't very familiar with his music. Since then I've become his biggest fan. Well, one of many.

4. DeborahNeyens profile image97
    DeborahNeyensposted 5 years ago

I didn't really "meet" her, but Julia Roberts was once right behind me in line for movie tickets. The movie was "Emma" (starring Gwenyth Paltrow) at the Fine Arts Theatre in Chicago. Julia was in town filming "My Best Friend's Wedding." My impression was that she was a lot shorter than I imagined. I always pictured her being really tall and leggy - somewhat larger than life - but she wasn't much taller than me.

How exciting to be standing in line with Julia Roberts!!!

5. Nell Rose profile image92
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

I met Michael Praed back in the 90s, he was in Robin Hood and Dynasty. I made a complete fool of myself! lol! living where I do there are quite a few celebs floating around. I also met Steve Redgrave olympian, his sister was in my brothers class. Bt my favorite was Morgan Freeman. I met him at the airport and on the plane, what a lovely guy.

Morgan Freeman, you lucky lady!! How about seeing Princess Diana? smile

2. Nell Rose profile image92
      Nell Roseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

oops! forgot about her! How stupid am I? lol! yes she was beautiful, and so friendly, not like that Kate, can't stand her! she has such a smug self satisfied grin on her face! and all those holidays! she thinks she is just a celeb not royal!

3. Sunshine625 profile image95

That's why you have me to remind you:)
      I have noticed Kate takes a few holidays, but I thought it's because of her morning sickness issues. You know better than me. That's why I have you:)

4. Nell Rose profile image92
      Nell Roseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol! just my opinion, I just can't take to her. smug cow! haha! sorry thats horrible but she drives me mad!

5. Jools99 profile image90
      Jools99posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love Morgan Freeman Nell, you lucky duck!

6. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I met Burt Reynolds at his ranch in Jupiter, Fl when I went with Hubby, Doc, to treat his horses.  He gave us a tour of his home.  He was SO nice and personable.  That's back when he was dating Dinah Shore (remember her?).  He built a tennis court for her.
    He was at a big time movie and TV star then, and I was struck by his personality and hospitality.

Yes I remember Dinah Shore! How awesome to have met Burt Reynolds!!

7. Jools99 profile image90
    Jools99posted 5 years ago

I met Emma Thompson in the West End, London.  I said Hi to her and she smiled and said 'Hello'.  On the same day I also saw Ben Elton and Patrick Stewart.  There was some kind of charity gig on.  I also once met a local reporter near where I live.  He interviewed me and a friend on Great North Run day but our interview was never shown.  We ended up on the cutting room floor yikes( - clearly, we were too boring for telly.

Fun Julie!! Thanks for sharing!

working