jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is the band one direction from the uk going to be as big as the beatles ?

1. profile image55
    shorty72posted 5 years ago

Is the band one direction from the uk going to be as big as the beatles ?

Having a teenage daughter that likes One Direction and just having them in Australia for a short visit is it possible that these boys could be as popular as the beatles. I think they might go close what do you think?

2. Christopher Dapo profile image78
    Christopher Dapoposted 5 years ago

No.

Everyone knows who The Beatles are...

Neither of us are familiar with One Direction...but we will look them up to check them out now that you've mentioned them...as well as you suggesting they're possibly as good.

- S. and Chris

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I sincerely doubt it. They're pre-packaged pop aimed at teenage girls, which traditionally has a pretty short shelf life. (Just ask David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, Menudo, the New Kids on the Block, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, etc., etc...)
    The clock is already ticking on their fifteen minutes of fame.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

not even a chance. they are nothing but a modern version of the back street boys and their popularity will die out in a couple of years at best.

5. profile image49
    hsowards98posted 4 years ago

I think they could be. They are so big and they've only been a band for 2 years. Plus with Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, it's so much easier to get famous/more famous now than it was when the Beatles were a band. I can see One Direction becoming just as famous.

6. Christie Clarice profile image61
    Christie Clariceposted 3 years ago

xxx I hope so..!!! HAHHAH.. xxx of course right??
    they have a huge fans outside there.... xxx

working