jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What is the funniest news story that you have ever heard/read in the media?

1. Tricia1000 profile image70
    Tricia1000posted 5 years ago

What is the funniest news story that you have ever heard/read in the media?

2. Theophanes profile image98
    Theophanesposted 5 years ago

I just like the headlines sometimes. I think it was last week I saw Man Shoots Self & Wife at Gun Safety Class. If you read the article it got worse... apparently he did so on accident. No one was killed, that helps with the humor bit.

3. profile image0
    Marntzuposted 5 years ago

There was a story with the headline "Man killed to death" I saw a while back... sometimes I wonder if English is taught in journalism school.

4. atlovesbm profile image74
    atlovesbmposted 5 years ago

The one where a man sued BMW because he bought a motorcycle and the structure of the seat gave him an erection that lasted two years. LOL

1. Tricia1000 profile image70
      Tricia1000posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I read this, was really funny.

5. AM Hanson profile image77
    AM Hansonposted 5 years ago

the multiple times that the media reported the deaths of people who hadn't died.  The most memorable was Jeff Goldblum, because after the story circulated he appeared on the Colbert Report and did a touching peice about how he would be missed.

6. profile image0
    BethDWposted 5 years ago

I was sitting in the doctor's office a couple of months ago, watching a local news channel (CP24, out of Toronto) that had headlines scrolling at the bottom of the screen, and one of them read: "woman stalked by wild turkey, leaves house at 6am to avoid the bird". I laughed out loud in the middle of the waiting room.

1. Theophanes profile image98
      Theophanesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh that reminds me of a news story here where a family looked out their window to find a bear had crawled into their SUV. The bear apparently took the brake off and then proceeded to roll down a hill and into a tree before getting out and leaving.

7. Tricia1000 profile image70
    Tricia1000posted 5 years ago

Thanks for all the stories!  The funniest news story that I have ever read was about the dentist who pulled out all of her ex boyfriend's teeth when he booked a dentist appointment with her.

working