jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Now that it is 2012, where are the disaster movies?

1. Rodric29 profile image77
    Rodric29posted 5 years ago

Now that it is 2012, where are the disaster movies?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I think now that people have been educated about this whole 2012 business, there's not going to be that many. ^^

3. silverstararrow profile image83
    silverstararrowposted 5 years ago

The appeal of such movies based more on fantasy than facts dwindles with time. Now that it's 2012 already, there is no buildup or excitment.
    A movie's been already made on this theme; any more releases with such little time gap in between (the last film, 2012) may not entice a similar crowd/audience.

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I love disaster movies. To me it isn't that I believe it will happen but to see a possibility of how it could be if it did. I think they should have released the movie 2012 this summer. I hoping for more, but they are usually B rated movies.

5. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

Not sure, but it does seem that some years put more of those out than others. I like the movie about Volcanoes with Pierce Bronsan back in the 90's but can't remember the title. That movie my daughter watched lots of times, especially after I got the VHS tape for her.
    I figure if we give Hollywood enough time that we will be seeing more movies of the dark. scary variety!

working