jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Funny: Would you watch the movie 2012 with the same enthusiasm, now that the yea

1. arunabha0368 profile image65
    arunabha0368posted 5 years ago

Funny: Would you watch the movie 2012 with the same enthusiasm, now that the year is gone?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I thought "2012" was hilarious when I first saw it. Unfortunately, it wasn't intended to be a comedy.

I probably wouldn't even bother to watch it again.

3. BWD316 profile image86
    BWD316posted 5 years ago

Im a sucker for disaster movies, good or bad, so I'll probably watch it again.  Although the title and the catalyst of the plot was the year 2012, it's still a typical disaster movie with falling buildings and a group of people trying to survive.  Plus it's like other movies of the past including "2001: A Space Odyssey" or "Back to the Future", will you not watch these movies because the year they were based on has past? (granted those two examples are much better films!)  Ultimately the movie 2012 was just your typical disaster film that comes around every few years, it just tried to market on the 2012 Mayan hysteria of the end of the world, while im sure many wont watch it again (for many reasons) I'm sure most who watch it just want to see the special effects and the typical disaster plot line.

4. Tom Vogler profile image82
    Tom Voglerposted 5 years ago

I don't think any movie predicting the future is taken seriously enough to have people get excited about it before, let alone after.  I think people are more interested in the disaster plots themselves, rather than the year they try to represent.  Social history will probably treat 2012 in much the same way as it would treat other time based movies or literature.  The events portrayed in 2001, or End of Days (1999/2000) and 1984 did not come to pass as depicted in those movies/books, yet they still have audiences as viewers or readers.  I'm sure other similar movies will come out over the next several years and decades and maybe even centuries or longer with similar plots an have similar fates.  The fact that the year has passed does not make a difference in my level of enthusiasm.

5. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 5 years ago

Sure, it is still entertaining, and the special effects are pretty good...especially that earthquake scene.