jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Does listening to classical music really make babies smarter?

1. skylergreene profile image61
    skylergreeneposted 5 years ago

Does listening to classical music really make babies smarter?

2. Prankita profile image73
    Prankitaposted 5 years ago

there is no scientific study to prove it but it helps you and your baby to relax. Any kind of music and not just classical music activates the brain of your child and active brains increases the potential of being smart.

3. lazko profile image59
    lazkoposted 5 years ago

I'm not aware if there is an effect in babies, but definitely classics makes people be more intelligent.

4. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I honestly don't know how an infant can learn algebra and paricle physics from listening to Mozart. Maybe it just calms them and lets them learn of their surroundings better, who knows. That's what happens with me anyway, but I don't learn how to build a Ferrari or split an atom safely.

5. Music for film profile image60
    Music for filmposted 5 years ago

..I don't know about classical music .. but soft music create magic...

6. Audiogeek profile image81
    Audiogeekposted 5 years ago

No, music in general develops children's mental capabilities, whether it's classical, rock or heavy metal.

In fact, music with lyrics do excite the brain more than instrumental music. Since it delivers the child not only a melody to listen but also some words to think.

Also, and if you make a little google research you'll easily find it, years ago there was a study in which statistically heavy metal fans where the brightest students among UK's college/university population.

7. profile image0
    detroitmareposted 5 years ago

I've been trying to find a baby that could answer this question, and still haven't.  I'm gonna go ahead and say no.

8. collegatariat profile image83
    collegatariatposted 5 years ago

Classical music won't actually make a person smarter-- we all get what God gave us, and nothing more I'm afraid.  However, the technical aspect of classical music (especially from the Baroque and Classical era) is mathematically based as well as having a strong creative element that tends to stimulate brain activity/development.  So while it might not make a baby, or anyone for that matter, actually smarter it does make you look smarter.  And we all know what a great thing that is!

working