jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Tom Cruise and Katie have split. Why can't celebrities keep a marriage together?

1. harmony155 profile image70
    harmony155posted 5 years ago

Tom Cruise and Katie have split. Why can't celebrities keep a marriage together?

2. lupine profile image74
    lupineposted 5 years ago

When career is the main focus, especially in the publlic eye, a marriage will suffer. In order for any marriage to last, it needs both people to put in as much time and "work" as a career takes. Unfortunately, these days most couples don't make it past 3 years, and rarely past 5 years . See my hub, How marriage can last a life time.

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

What??!!  I hadn't heard this.. Oh wow....me-oh-my......a celebrity couple splitting up?  Shock.  Just can't believe this.  This one has been an accident waiting to happen since day One.   Do you know much about Scientology?   I do, but won't bring any negativity here.
      Tom and Katie   Katie and Tom......uh-oh....no more.
    They have a darling little girl...(Surrie)....I'm sure they'll do what's best for their daughter.  She's the most important one here.
    According to the latest official divorce statistics.......we, average, everyday people need to figure out why WE have a 52% divorce rate in 2012......to heck with the celebrities.
    They have much WE do not have.........money, comfort, luxury, money, exotic vacations, exquisite homes, house keepers, nannies, money.......think this sort of helps them through the "rough" times???   It SURE does !!

1. lupine profile image74
      lupineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So true, when a couple's marriage no longer works, the children are the most important, they are innocent. Yes, all the riches they have may help comfort them, but does not bring true happiness.

4. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I really don't think that celebrity marriages have a lower success rate than anybody else's, these days. Theirs just make the news more often.

Yes, we hear about celebrity break ups all the time. Sometimes I think they do it for publicity.

5. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

Because they're complete frauds......................................................

You are right, we don't really know who these people are. We just know them from tv shows, movies, interviews, etc., and that is just "acting", that's what they are trained to do.

6. Maria Price profile image55
    Maria Priceposted 5 years ago

I don't know why but almost all the celebrities marriage end up in a divorce. Also, Tom Cruise has been named as the richest Hollywood actor, good news for Katie, eh?

P.S. I love Suri smile smile smile

working