jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe that reality tv shows are scripted???

1. Ellana317 profile image77
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

Do you believe that reality tv shows are scripted???

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6845040_f260.jpg

2. sethpowers profile image68
    sethpowersposted 5 years ago

Yes, they are scripted but not in the traditional sense. They have structured plots that require the characters to go to certain settings and have designated conversations; however, the dialogue isn't scripted. That's why you always see these "reality stars" having conversations at posh restaurants everyday and always discussing recent arguments directly while shopping or some other such unrealistic scenario.

1. Ellana317 profile image77
      Ellana317posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You bring up good points.  I wondered why they were always hosting "dinner parties" and inviting their rivals.  That struck me as strange.  That said...Thanks for your input!

2. sethpowers profile image68
      sethpowersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No problem! That is a sure sign that the situation has been fabricated by producers. Most of these people don't even hang out with each other very often in real life.

3. Maria Price profile image55
    Maria Priceposted 5 years ago

Yes, they are totally scripted.! Its like WWE, made for entertainment.

4. teyeger82 profile image75
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

I think they almost have to be scripted to some degree. What I don't understand is how viewers become so engrossed in them. I can't stand to watch them. It seems like such a big waste of time when there are other better shows that can be watched or other better activities to be involved in. I also know that some are worse than others. And finally, I also know.....to each his own.

5. penlady profile image61
    penladyposted 5 years ago

Yes. If you've noticed every reality show has a "drama queen." One who keeps up a lot of mess while garnering all the attention; thus, establishing a career as a reality star.

This is the one who you later see on entertainment shows such as "Entertainment Tonight" or daytime shows such as "The View." This is the very same person you go on to read about in blogs.

working