jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe some game and reality TV shows are fixed? If so which one and wh

1. Charlu profile image82
    Charluposted 3 years ago

Do you believe some game and reality TV shows are fixed?  If so which one and why?

There has been a lot of controversy about different game and reality shows being, "staged or fixed,"  do you know of one or think there is one that is nothing more than a fictional series?

2. cperuzzi profile image97
    cperuzziposted 3 years ago

I think most of them are.

Think about it.  If someone followed you around all day with a camera, would you be entertaining?  If you watch many of these shows some of the situations are too unbelievable for what mundane living life has for most of us.

If they aren't staged outright, then they are using the edited materials to make things seem more exciting than they really are. 

Which shows do I think are really staged?  I think AMC's "Comic Book Men" is mostly staged.  I think many of the "Storage Wars" are staged.  I think that most of the shows that have anything to do with bidding and selling of real estate and antique items are staged.

Why?  Because it's unbelievable.  It's rare that someone has a priceless bit of art in their basement, collecting dust.  It's rare that someone is keeping incredibly expensive pieces of material in a storage locker and forgets to pay his bills. 

All of these things are done to make couch potatoes watch like voyeurs and be fascinated by the human condition written to be more interesting than what it really is - an illusion.

Charluposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on everything especially "Storage Wars" probably because a friend of mine does just that and rarely if ever finds a unit that comes close to making him mucho dollars.  In fact it aggravates me that it inspires others to get into it.

3. mgeorge1050 profile image78
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

I think most of them are staged to some extent.  In some cases the staging may simply be to improve production quality.  But in other cases, I believe they can be up to 100% scripted and directed.  Some of the stuff they have on television now is just too ridiculous to possibly be real.

Charluposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It's a shame that at least some "reality and game" shows could be a reality. smile

working