jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Who is your favorite rock and roll bass player?

1. SkySlave profile image83
    SkySlaveposted 5 years ago

Who is your favorite rock and roll bass player?

Mine is Led Zeppelins, John Paul Jones.

2. sonnyhodgin profile image61
    sonnyhodginposted 5 years ago

Mine is Jon Entwistle from the Who!  Thunderfingers!

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Cliff Burton (Metallica)
    Gene Simmons (KISS)
    Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)

4. DarkSinistar profile image87
    DarkSinistarposted 5 years ago

I would have to say Black Sabbath's Geezer Butler, but I also have great admiration for Pete Way (UFO), Steve Harris (Iron Maiden), Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead) and Bootsy Collins (Parliament/Funkadelic).

5. rcrumple profile image82
    rcrumpleposted 5 years ago

Geddy Lee, bassist and lead vocalist of Rush.  I've been an "on and off" fan of Rush since their inception, and the bass playing is consistent and deepley intricate.  There are times I have a hard times with the tone of his voice, but his ability to play bass is tremendous.  In the 60's and 70's R&B Pop stylings, Larry Graham of Sly & The Family Stone and later, Graham Central Station with his unique "plucking bass" style was also remarkable.

6. samislam profile image96
    samislamposted 5 years ago

Duff McKagen from GnR/Velvet Revolver/Loaded is pretty awesome. 
    But if we're talking the best of the best, I'd have to say Les Claypool from Primus.  Don't much care for their music, but man, Claypool is just vicious on the bass.

7. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

Getty Lee from Rush without a doubt. the man is amazing on the bass , among other instruments.

8. tonymead60 profile image93
    tonymead60posted 5 years ago

I was a pro bass player for ten years, but before I set off on this career I watched and listened to Entwistle from the who, who was remarkable, and Jack Bruce whose unique style set him above and apart from the others.

working