Twilight Saga vs Hunger Games?

1. maryah10 profile image59
    maryah10posted 5 years ago

Twilight Saga vs Hunger Games?

What's better or are they just as good as the other. I have read both but I am confused as to which one I like more and need opinions. Please!

2. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Both books consist of a love triangle between a teenage girl and two boys where the female is the novel's protagonist. But that's where the similarities end.

Katniss is a strong character. Her family is starving but instead of freaking out she goes out into the woods and hunts, bring back animals to trade on the black market. Bella curls up in the fetal position when her boyfriend leaves her and she tries to kill herself because she can't stand to live without him.

Katniss has friends, talents, and hobbies. She has interesting things to talk about. Bella is a blank slate. She doesn't have many friends, she has no hobbies, she isn't really good at anything, and all she does is lust after a guy a hundred years older than her.

Katniss is in love with a boy who is funny, good at hunting, and a good friend. Bella is in love with a hundred year old stalker who steals her away from her friends, is emotionally abusive, and eventually kills her.

Personally I don't think either series is particularly amazing but I'll choose the political commentary over necrophilia and bestiality.

3. JBrumett profile image60
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

Battle Royale is the original hunger games.  =-P

working