jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What was the last GREAT movie you have seen?

1. Marc Rohde profile image71
    Marc Rohdeposted 5 years ago

What was the last GREAT movie you have seen?

2. josh3418 profile image81
    josh3418posted 5 years ago

This question is a difficult one for me to answer.  There are so many movies I have seensince 2010 that I have thoroughly enjoyed, but it depends on your definition of GREAT.  I define great as perfection, amazing, stellar, superb, and many more adjectives.  Because of this definition, I will have to say Inception, directed by Christopher Nolan.  Leonardo DiCaprio played the lead role here as a dream thief, but is delving into the concept of implanting dreams as well. This movie is one that makes you think, for it is embossed in several plot twists.

Nolan has the amazing ability to cause his audience to think and play mind games with themselves.  I do not like to be spoon fed all the time.  Because of these reasons, I will have to say that Inception was the last GREAT movie I have seen.  I know this probably was not what you were looking for, but it is how I took the question.

P.S.  Now, if you had decided to ask this question two weeks from now, I would probably have been changing my answer to "Dark Knight Rises".  Another movie directed by Christopher Nolan, which I am sure behind a shadow of a doubt, will not disappoint me in any way.  Great question Marc, and have a great rest of your day!

3. ServerFilme profile image63
    ServerFilmeposted 5 years ago

Chronicle, Haywire, The Grey, The Cabin in the Woods and the greatest The Avengers

4. thegecko profile image78
    thegeckoposted 5 years ago

The last GREAT movie I saw was The Artist smile

5. Crewman6 profile image74
    Crewman6posted 5 years ago

For me, has to be The Avengers.  What I look for in a movie is fun, and a complete immersion.  The Avengers pulled me completely into the adventure.  Twice in the theater... and I'm looking forward to more once it's on DVD.  I usually buy a bucket of popcorn.  If the movie ends, and I look down to see the popcorn is gone...  Now that's total immersion!!  (And a lot of calories...)  That's what The Avengers did for me.

6. Cogerson profile image82
    Cogersonposted 5 years ago

Just saw and loved Moonrise Kingdom.  Bruce Willis is outstanding as Captain Sharp....the saddest sheriff ever...you have to go and see it.

7. Ann1Az2 profile image67
    Ann1Az2posted 5 years ago

That's a tough question for me because I haven't been to a movie theater in about a year and a half. We moved to a town that has a horrible theater and the nearest good one is about 20 or so miles away. I bought Rango and liked it very much, but I wouldn't classify it as a "great" movie.

All of that being said, for me, the last Great movie I saw would have to be the latest Star Trek. Chris Pine and the rest of the cast were just perfect. I was afraid to watch it because I'm an original Trekkie, but they did a fabulous job.