Great movie

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (67 posts)
  1. profile image54
    rennedzposted 13 years ago
    1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...yup...it was.............................................................................................................

1. Diane Inside profile image71
        Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not just great that's an understatement, amazing movie.

2. KristenGrace profile image60
        KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmmmmm ?

...really, really, amazing........i'm gonna see it again............................................

I've actually seen it several times, never gets old.

I come away feeling like I learned so much from this movie.

......me too.................................................................................

2. profile image52
              lennon09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

the last great movie we seen was performance with mick jagger and james fox we downloaded it from regal and legal at shazzy.amazingwebmall.com for free

2. profile image53
          lavenelsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The last good movie I saw was "Ghost Rider". It really made my hair stand on end.
          http://www.articlesbase.com/health-arti … 13761.html

2. deancortez044 profile image37
    deancortez044posted 13 years ago

What movie are you talking about? The last great movie I saw was "The Social Network" a few nights ago. Truly great.

1. KristenGrace profile image60

Still undecided about Social Network... Going to see Paranormal Activity 2 tomorrow.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't wait to see the new "Saw!!!

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59

...we're talking about the movie rennedz mentioned.......it was great!

lol i see

2. Diane Inside profile image71

Yaa, get with the program people rennedz wants to talk about the movie he mentioned.

Someway, not just great amazing!

i was confused at first, but now i understand. tongue

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59

...well....it was amazing the first time...second time it was just great....but i'll go see it again.....

where's that darn rennedz!.....wonder how many times (and I'm gonna say he for some reason) he saw it..................................................

he's probably busy watching it now.

2. Diane Inside profile image71

rennedz must have seen this movie so many times "he"  can telepathically relay the movie title to us.

I mean how else would we know what he is talking about. Right.

....well, i'm logging off - going to watch that amazingly, great, sort of, movie......

...Night All!  happy Friday Night!  Happy Full Moon!

Night Someway, enjoy the movie. You will find that you learn so much more after the third time.

Watch out for Werewolves, they must be out in droves tonight.

3. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I thought it was OK, but I think they could have done better when it came to character development.  I also didn't care for the way the plot leaves you feeling kind of up in the air.

(By the way, did anyone read the book?  The book was better.)

Maybe thats why I liked it more than you Lisa, I didn't read the book.

Perhaps I should read the book to see how the character development could have been better.

The plot did make me feel up in the air as well, but I thought that was the intention, since the title made me feel the same way.

1. Lisa HW profile image60
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Diane, I do have to say I wouldn't particularly recommend the movie.  At least it wasn't long, though.    smile

I agree it wasn't long at all.

I wonder if they made a sequel if it would CLEAR up some of the up in the air feelings.

On second thought that might make things worse, as I could see a sequel making people feel a bit FLIGHTY  or at the very least ABSENT or VOID,  of understanding.

Then again, though....

A sequel would probably be easy to make, and there is the distinct possibility that the sequel might well be one of the rare sequels to actually be better than the original.  (I just hope they don't get some new actor to play the lead male role.  It wouldn't be the same if they did.)

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww245/hollhase/Gifs/Food/movie-snacks.gif

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/joanin2000/raisinettes.jpg

It's true a sequel would be easy to make, and done in no time as well I would imagine.

Yeah the male lead couldn't be played by anybody else, it would ruin the whole thing, it would make it not as TRANSPARENT. If that happened I think It would be LACKING something.

The thing I REALLY didn't like was the way the characters really didn't draw in the audience.  I mean, on the one hand, yes, nobody could play the male lead the way he did (for that matter, I don't really think anyone can replace the female lead either); but on the other hand, I found I didn't really care about the characters.  What happened to them was kind of "neither-here-nor-there".

(I was really, really, close to starting a "Great Book" thread, but I figured nobody would get the point.  lol  )

lol  lol lol

Your right nobody would get it.

No sense of humor. lol

Although I do plan to read the book when it comes out in Braille.

I'm under the impression the movie's going to be out on DVD before the book ever comes out in Braille.

The one thing I really wouldn't want to see would be for the movie to be turned into a television series.  I just think there isn't enough to the story to make it at all a show I could sit through and pay attention to.    I just know I'd be sitting there, thinking about how I could better be spending my time.

4. Diane Inside profile image71
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Yeah I heard something about that, but I didn't give it any weight.

But it must be making tons of money, look at all the buzz it's getting.

I mean you all you have to do is mention that it is a great movie and we know exactly what they are talking about.

Then again - it doesn't take a whole lot to get a lot of buzz going sometimes.   lol    Oh well, sleep, I guess.   I hope all this movie/book talk doesn't turn out to be something I end up dreaming about.    hmm

When that famous "Good morning you Hubilicious People" thread shows up, it's time to sleep." 

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/-Xander-/thealite.jpg

LOL oh my gosh, I log onto HP, and see that this discussion lasted about three hours after I was asleep! 

Not saying it wasn't the type of movie that deserved such a detailed discussion tongue

lol....i noticed too.....i watched it last night, it was great.....now i see there's a book out too!....will have to go read it.......

...and where's that darn rennedz!  he started this!....probably wondering which movie we're talkin' about........searching his DVDs.

later...

mornin' KG!

hahaha Good morning.  Happy hubbing. Let us know what you think of the book.

2. Lisa HW profile image60

Well, it's like no movie a lot of people have seen before.  (Besides, they don't call this the "entertainment" forum for nothing.   lol  )

5. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

For me that was the worst movie I ever watched. smile

6. goldenpath profile image68
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

I understand.  Dracula vs Frankenstein was the epic tear-jerker.

7. Diane Inside profile image71

Probably why so many people did get this movie is because they have never seen anything like it.

I really is a different take on movie making. smile

...I just finished the book this afternoon......i like the  movie better.....................

....the book made my ex jealous for some reason....................................

My ex got jealous at the movie as well, but he seems to get jealous at everything, so I can't win, even though I tell him he is #1.

I even told him the movie was NOTHING to get jealous over.

I bet I know why the ex's are getting jealous....

They don't like the idea that you find the lead character more appealing than them!!!   They don't care if you're still together or not.   Maybe the character development isn't great in the movie, but that male lead is so much more appealing than so many ex's.    hmm    Honestly...    Some people get jealous over nothing, don't they?    hmm

So true the male lead character is much more appealing than my ex.
            (which is why is an ex)

Jealous over nothing at all. Amen

8. Diane Inside profile image71

Still waiting for the book to come out in braille. But I guess I will have to break down and read the same book as everybody else.

Although my ex might still get jealous.

I told my ex about the movie, and he thought it was funny.   I think he may actually enjoy the movie too.

If he does it will be a first as it seems many ex's have a problem with this movie. Think it is lacking something, or maybe it is the plot they don't like.

Mine says it leaves to much to the imagination.

I just saw no real reason for what the director did with that scene toward the end.  What he was trying to do was just so transparent.  As far as that male lead goes, though - sometimes it's true that less is more.

I agree less is more, in this case way more. lol

9. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

wow, the op doesn't say anything.  BRILLIANT.  however, if i have to recommend one film, i want to recommend waiting for "Superman"

it's a documentary that goes over the decline of american education, and what are the causes of it and how it's impeding our children mental development.

before you see the movie, go to this website

www.waitingforsuperman.com to pledge to see it and you'll recieve a 5 dollar credit from www.donorschoose.org towards a classroom project.

then after you see the movie, go to this website www.donorschoose.org and pick the classroom project you want to that 5 dollar credit to go to.  please, see this movie. normally, i could care less what people  choose to see but if there was ever a film, I strongly recommend, then it's this documentary...Waiting for "Superman." its a great documentary that all parents especially should watch.

it's depressing (sorry wink

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well i think that was kind of the point of the documentary. lol

10. profile image0

as far as other movies goes, the top three movies hands down in my mind are

1. inception
    2. shutter island
    3. social network

Saw!!!

11. profile image0

oh yeah, i forgot a couple of other films,

4. the town
    5. toy story 3-D

12. profile image0

paranormal activity 2!  scary!

1. profile image0

oh yea, and "life as we know it", a better romantic comedy than most people realize. smile 

oh hi diane, hows it going?

2. Richieb799 profile image75
      Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I just saw Social Network, great film, Jesse Eisenberg is one of my favourite actors anyway, I wanted to see the movie but also got advised at a job interview to watch it!

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you saw that too? yeah, i loved that movie too. one of the best films of the year, i tells ya.

3. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Tell me why I can't get 56 replies in my threads and I actually put stuff there!

4. Diane Inside profile image71

The OP of this thread  knew that he didn't have to say anything to get his point across.lol

But seriously Mickey, we were just having fun with it. It turned into a game.

If you watched the movie you would understand that. As it makes you use your imagination.

5. Megavitamin profile image70
      Megavitaminposted 13 years ago

I dozed off during the movie, but woke up at the part with the Chuck Norris-type guy.  It was all very strange to me, so I went back to sleep. 

Maybe I'll get the book on tape and listen to it in my car instead.

lol I can't believe you dozed off. 

Oh well. Yeah maybe you'll get more out of the book. Although I don't know if you should be listening to it in your car since you couldn't even stay awake to watch the movie.  I wouldn't  want you to fall asleep at the wheel.

lol

1. Megavitamin profile image70
          Megavitaminposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very good point.  Solid advice.  I guess I will just play the book on tape whenever I'm suffering from insomnia.  Thanks for looking out for me--and everyone else on the road with me!

1. profile image52
            lennon09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

a great cure for insomnia the web and laughter at shazzy.amazingwebmall.com

6. profile image52
      lennon09posted 13 years ago

hello people want a place where you can shop for all your xmas needs goi to shazzy.amazingwebmall.com we have a large selection of gifts ans regal and legal movie downloads and we cater for everyone come and visit us for safe and easy shopping at all you need is here

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)