Metalheads: what are your favorite death metal bands?

1. TheHeavyReview profile image72
    TheHeavyReviewposted 5 years ago

Metalheads:  what are your favorite death metal bands?

What bands are your favorite in the death metal genre?  Mine are as follows:

Death, Pestilence, Carcass, Autopsy, Amorphis (their old stuff, obviously), Demilich, Dismember, Gorement, Unleashed, Cartilage, Nile, Obituary, Brutality, Massacre, Bolt Thrower, Sempiternal Deathreign, Demigod, Desultory, Carbonized, Morgoth, Disgrace, Phlegethon, Sarcasm, As Serenity Fades, Gorguts, and Sentenced.  At least, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. smile

2. cryptid profile image97
    cryptidposted 5 years ago

I always liked Deicide.  And Death, of course.  Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Disincarnate, At the Gates, All good stuff.  Haven't listened to that in a while.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I've never been a big death metal guy (the "WOOOORRRGH" vox have always kinda irritated me) but my brother has been way into that scene for a long time so I've heard enough of it to differentiate between the "good" and the "bad" bands, haha. If forced to pick I'd have to go with Morbid Angel, strictly on the musicianship alone (up until their last atrocity anyway), saw 'em live once and they were a great band. I also dig King Fowley's Deceased, though I prefer their more recent material which leans more towards thrash than death metal.

working