jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Are there any drive-in theaters anymore?

1. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Are there any drive-in theaters anymore?

2. Agantum profile image62
    Agantumposted 5 years ago

Yes.  The following site link will give you a list of venues for the state you specify and a link to session info - http://www.drive-ins.com/database.htm  (If this is not some trick question with additional layers to answer and I am missing something, then maybe you should do an online search on a question like this at.)  I suppose a better question might be - When was the last time you went to a drive-in theatre and what did you see?

1. nmdonders profile image84
      nmdondersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I haven't been to one in over 20 years. Neither the town where I'm from nor the town where i live has one.  Anybody that I ask says they haven't seen one in years and the ones we used to go to were torn down.

3. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

I've seen several drive-in theaters in small towns throughout the country.

4. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

I personally know there is still one open in Maine...I just don't know what town its in!

1. mrsgray profile image61
      mrsgrayposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Bridgton Maine.  My home town.  On Route 302.  It has 2 screens.

5. donnah75 profile image96
    donnah75posted 5 years ago

Yes.  There is one in Hyde Park, NY, right across from the FDR estate.  I live in the capital region of NY, and I know there is at least one up here somewhere.  My friends go there so that they can see a movie and not have to pay a babysitter.  The kids can play or sleep in the back of their minivan if they aren't interested in the film.  They are dying out, but they are definitely still around.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I live in Northern New Jersey right near the border of Upstate New York, and there's a drive-in right on the other side of the state line, in Warwick NY. I've always wanted to go to check out a flick there but haven't gotten around to it yet.

7. Jenna Kunc profile image60
    Jenna Kuncposted 5 years ago

There's one in my hometown: Fort Collins, CO.
    It's wonderful.