jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is your Favorite Reality TV show - and Why?

1. EFranz13 profile image40
    EFranz13posted 5 years ago

What is your Favorite Reality TV show - and Why?

2. Lisa HW profile image71
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I pretty much hate reality shows, but one that I do find reasonably enjoyable is Shark Tank.  The conversation (whether from the people who have a business or between the "Sharks") is intelligent, "normal", conversation that I can either relate to, or that I can learn a little something from.  The people on the show have a sense of humor and come across like adults who can disagree and still like each other.  I suppose...   The Extreme Make-Over shows aren't all that horrible.  I don't watch them, but at least the idea behind them involves trying to help people.

The worst reality shows are the ones with a bunch of people acting like children, misfits, empty-headed competitors over meaningless foolishness, and/or emotional misfits.  Equally bad:  A bunch of people competing for a boyfriend/girlfriend and acting as if the the whole scenario is "romantic".  Also bad:  Shows that exploit what "losers" (in one way or another) people are.

Not quite a horrible as those of the worst variety (above) may be the ones like Undercover Boss or Secret Millionaire; but I'm not a fan of "making fools of" people for television purposes, and then having someone look like "a big, benevolent, cheese" by giving the people money.  The undercover boss and/or secret millionaire could do the very same thing, do the right thing, and not make a big show out of it.  So, to me, making a show of it pretty much cheapens what goes on with those particular shows.

EFranz13posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am also a BIG fan of Shark Tank.  Love that show!  I also like Extreme "Home" Makeover and occasionally watch the Extreme Weight Loss MakeOvers - what Amazing transformations!

3. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

I enjoy some reality shows, they're an easy watch. My favourite is The Apprentice as I love Lord Sugar's way of saying things. The Top Model shows interest me as well, seeing people go all out for their dreams, though fashion is not really my thing. I'm probably a bit older than the intended viewer!

EFranz13posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I also like Top Model - mainly because I am an amateur photographer and I love watching the crazy photo shoots in all of those wonderful locations!  smile

working