jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever questioned the pretenses and motives of films made by Disney?

1. KevinTimothy profile image81
    KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago

Have you ever questioned the pretenses and motives of films made by Disney?

2. profile image0
    AaronHubb89posted 5 years ago

Yes, especially after just watching the Little Mermaid...I couldn't believe I was letting my daughter watch it after all of the sexual/sensual innuendos. Plus, the priests little happy pole in his pants as he marries Ariel and the Prince. I was a little disgusted, I still like Hayou Miyazaki's films though. The Secret Life of Arriety and Ponyo are great movies that I would allow my little girl to watch anytime.

1. KevinTimothy profile image81
      KevinTimothyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ha! I admire your point.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, I did when my kids were small.  Then I realized that they are watching them with a small child's eye and those adults things are not noticed.  I relaxed, we enjoyed those movies we watched and both my kids turned out well, happy and productive.

4. JRScarbrough profile image89
    JRScarbroughposted 5 years ago

Yes I have. I notice that anti-hunting is a strong theme in Bambi and Fox and the Hound. A lot of people who watch Bambi come away with that “don’t kill Bambi” thought process. There is usually a strong leftist theme in Disney films. Those themes may not be intended to impact society too much and be themes that children relate to because of their innocence. You don’t really see the themes until you are older.

working