jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Posting Photos Into My Hubs?

1. wonderwriter11 profile image60
    wonderwriter11posted 5 years ago

Posting Photos Into My Hubs?

I am becoming a bit scared about all of this legal photo talk. I can never find any decent photos on Flickr that haven't been monetized or have rights reserved or what not. Where do you guys get your photos from? Do you just take them yourself most of the time? I have been finding photos from google images but I feel like that is risky too. Maybe I should just avoid photos all together...

2. m0rd0r profile image73
    m0rd0rposted 5 years ago

Filter Flickr search by  Creative commons and Allowed for Commercial use and you will see only the images that are relatively safe to use.

ALWAYS attribute with link to the author and it is good practice to leave a message under the original picture - where you used it and for what article.

(Sometimes people will come to read your article, just because you used a picture they like, or they made.)

3. skgrao profile image70
    skgraoposted 5 years ago

I do not know if you will object to a photo taken by you in my Blog and say it was your photo.If you object I will remove.

4. carol7777 profile image89
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

I use RGB Photos, Morgue, Free digital photos.  I try to take a few, probably not the best.  I think it is important to have photos as it breaks up the text.  It will keep people reading, though it doesn't get them there.  Still important is good content which we all strive for.

5. MissyGear profile image79
    MissyGearposted 5 years ago

I mostly use photos that I have taken myself. I'm still new and I don't quite understand all of the rules and I don't want to get in trouble when I've been here such a shot period of time. Overtime, I'm sure I'll understand the rules better and be a little less tense, but for now, I feel it's better to play it safe.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It is so easy to take your own with a digital camera. I also found freestockphotos.com. It was easy to deal with.

working