jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Which Elizabeth Taylor movie is your favorite?

1. ishwaryaa22 profile image88
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

Which Elizabeth Taylor movie is your favorite?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7019364_f260.jpg

2. John Sarkis profile image83
    John Sarkisposted 5 years ago

Hi ishwaryaa22, hope all is well....  My favorite Liz movie would probably have to be "Cleopatra."  ...not her best acting by far, but if you want to see her show off her extremely good looks, then this movie is it.  Additionally, I'm into classical antiquity - even if the plot is a bit shaky.

1. ishwaryaa22 profile image88
      ishwaryaa22posted 5 years agoin reply to this

@ John Sarkis: Hi, I also saw this film. This film looked very opulent. Liz looked stunning as Cleopatra. Yes, I agree with you that this film had many flaws. But nevertheless, in my opinion, this film is not boring but not so wonderful!

3. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

This beautiful woman was at her best playing alongside the inimitable Richard Burton, her soul mate, and I think she's at her best in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf  - where she plays a rather impassioned middle aged woman caught up in all sorts of emotional skulduggery with Burton and a younger couple. Very impressive - you see Taylor the actress rather than Taylor the screen star. It's in black and white but still impressive even today.
    Cat on a hit Tin Roof with Newman is ok as is Taming of the Shrew, where Burton excels with the Shakespearean script.

4. lindiesl profile image60
    lindieslposted 5 years ago

Father of the Bride, no good reason for it. I just love that movie wink

5. visionandfocus profile image70
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

Tennessee William's Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, because she was at the peak of her beauty and so was Paul Newman, and they were both acting their hearts out.

working