jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

How much would you pay to see an unknown performer?

1. msLarayne profile image74
    msLarayneposted 5 years ago

How much would you pay to see an unknown performer?

If you dropped in some place to see a performer and they turned out to be pretty good, how much would you pay to see them if it was by suggestion?

2. mio cid profile image45
    mio cidposted 5 years ago

A dollar, and maybe if i liked it i'll come back and throw a five.

msLarayneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure they would appreciate that $1 and REALLY appreciate that $5. lol

2. mio cid profile image45
      mio cidposted 5 years agoin reply to this

you think i'm being too open handed?

3. msLarayne profile image74

No, I don't think you're being too open handed.  That's a fair price to pay to see someone perform.  It takes a lot of energy and money to put on a good show no matter how simple it is.  Musicians really appreciate people that listen AND pay lol.

3. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image36
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 5 years ago

For the same I can spend Only a moderate sum. I can't afford a large sum for an unknown performer.

4. MarleneB profile image98
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

I'm not a wealthy woman, so I don't have a lot to spare. I think I'd drop a $5 bill in the bucket. I'm thinking if it is a crowd of people and if other people drop a dollar or two, and some even more, then my modest bill should be enough to show my support.

5. Hezekiah profile image87
    Hezekiahposted 5 years ago

I would pay upto $20 if I liked the stuff.

6. recappers delight profile image83
    recappers delightposted 5 years ago

Well, the last time that happened, it was a guitarist in a restaurant.  I think we slipped him a five.

7. Vega Vallari profile image85
    Vega Vallariposted 5 years ago

In my city, there was a local performer famous only city-wide. People would pay upwards 15 dollars for him. One that was only known around the neighborhood would be no more than 10 and he would still have even lesser performers come out before he made it to the stage. However, for the one person, I'd say 5 dollars, especially in this recession.

That's great! What's the guys name? and what city is this that we're talking about?

8. A. Riter profile image75
    A. Riterposted 5 years ago

It's not about whether the performer is known or not. It's about how much you enjoy the performance, the skill the performer has and how successful they are in pulling you in. It's about the experience so be generous if you are having a great time.

Experience is absolutely important! I know creating that is exciting but definitely makes me tired every time I go home lol

9. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

I would not pay anything for a performer I do not know the reputation of.

working