jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Here is a very simple question: What is your opinion about Oprah Winfrey?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Here is a very simple question:   What is your opinion about Oprah Winfrey?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I think she was really genuine to begin with, but now I really think she has forgotten where she came from. One thing That I know for sure, whatever she touches turns to gold.

3. BobMonger profile image61
    BobMongerposted 5 years ago

Oh, Oprah's quite a girl-she is. I think what she's done with her life is inspirational and she should be justly proud of the achievements she's made. That being said I think we all pretty much burned out on Oprah as the years went by. I always look at people who are famous simply because they are famous with a jaundiced eye. These folks put themselves up for all to see then complain about the view. So goodbye Oprah, I hope she and her money have a good life together.

4. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 5 years ago

She has embraced a lot more nutty causes and beliefs over the years.  I remember her shilling for "The Secret." That really put me off Oprah more than her slavish devotion to  celebrities.  She seems to believe that people who are paid millions of dollars to appear in movies are endowed with vast wisdom and greater depth than non-celebrities. I'm surprised she hasn't gone Scientologist yet.  I can only imagine how f-d up her kids would be if she had had any.

1. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're right about all that. I think it's what happens to most people who stay in the limelight for too long.

5. shemiahl profile image60
    shemiahlposted 5 years ago

I think she should give me some money. I mean honestly I always wonder what type of person I'd be if I had millions of dollars. I'd honestly give to people in need. Not the charities because half of the time the needy people never see the money. But she is a cool person. She's not really in the spot light anymore though.

6. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

I agree with most of what everyone has said. Just would like to add:
    Brilliant
    Compassionate
    Needy
    Self-absored
    Generous
    Emotionally dependent
    Chatty
    Obnoxious
    Spiritual
    Sensitive
    Shrewd

7. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Very Clever Lady with many problems still tormenting her. I like her really.

8. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 5 years ago

She is like some sort of cult leader, because people seem to be so easily influenced by what ever she says or promotes. Used to really like her but after 15 years of not seeing anything about her except the magazine and then tuning in again something is awry. Not even sure what is, but I think I have just outgrown her.

working