jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What was the first album you bought?

1. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

What was the first album you bought?

Music, of course. Probably it's difficult to remember the first album (or not), but, at the least, Who was the artist of the first album you bought?

2. epigramman profile image68
    epigrammanposted 5 years ago

...well I am 54 which gives you some kind of idea about the time frame but in the late 60's I remember buying a double vinyl album of Chuck Berry's Golden Decade and my parents gave me Abbey Road by the Beatles for Christmas.
    lake erie time ontario canada 8:11am

3. beadreamer247 profile image72
    beadreamer247posted 5 years ago

Honestly, I do not remember exactly, but I am pretty sure it was one from Mireille Mathieu, lesser known here. While I know I sold her records at one time in Elementary....I still have all my other records and will never ever give them away. They are my memories and part of me. I have seen some records my parents bought and I hope my mother still has them, one of the first produced...and now they are gone and some might never have seen one at all!

NateB11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I can't remember exactly what is the first album I bought exactly, but I think I can remember the artist. I used to have quite a collection, still have some of my old records. My mother used to have original albums from the likes of James Brown.

4. msLarayne profile image71
    msLarayneposted 5 years ago

I don't remember exactly what my first cd was, but one of them was the classic "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill." I love that album to this day. It's just so timeless and Lauryn's ability to fuse singing and rap just tops it off!

NateB11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lauren Hill's one of my favorites; enjoyed her work since the Fugees.

working