What exactly a father expect from a son? What are the moral duties of a son?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. registerdomains profile image60
    registerdomainsposted 12 years ago

What exactly a father expect from a son? What are the moral duties of a son?

What does a typical father think when he grow his child? What he expect from a son when he become old? How much a son should bother his father? Is it moral for a son to think his father demands more than the father should?

2. SylviaSky profile image91
    SylviaSkyposted 12 years ago

Fathers can expect nothing from a son but what they have instilled in him. If the father has taught him to be a respectful and loving young man that is what they can expect of the son. Parents should let their grown sons go their own way and not make demands or try to control them. They can't be controlled anyway. Parents should set up their lives so that they are cared for when they are old, whether their children want to care for them or not. Grown sons should not bother their parents for money or assistance. As for morals: Thoughts are not moral or immoral. Only actions are moral or immoral.

3. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

Fathers receive exactly what the deserve from their sons.

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
    Shahid Bukhariposted 12 years ago

I cannot talk about the expectations of a specific father ... but in general ... he is one of the two parents, whose physical genes you 'are' ... thus, like yourself ... one, no one else can ever be ... 

This unique bond ... between son/daughter, and his/her father... and mother...regardless of all other considerations, and constraints ... is a sufficient justification in itself, for one to think and act in no other way, but kindly, graciously, and generously... and oblige, as much as you possibly can ...

Because, he/she are a unique someone, who see you, as 'himself/herself'  ...
    Unless ... you hate yourself ... unless you are confused about true human values ... unless you hate human kind.

shahidbukhari.hubpages.com

5. padmendra profile image48
    padmendraposted 12 years ago

Bond of relationship between father and son is based on care and mutual understanding.  For a father, his son is like a star who always wishes  success and happiness for his son. A father nourishes the roots of his son so sincerely and perfectly  that when his son grows, he looks  more happy rather than his son. Likewise, it becomes the morale duty of a son to respect his father, rescue him at the time of need like he did for his son. The word of bothering a father does not suit the relation between son and father  as it is commonly used for those who are not related to you deeply or whose blood is not running inside  your body. In real terms, it  is the responsibility of a son to look after his father specially at his  old age when he is  wholly and solely dependent upon his son. If due to some reasons, a son does not care his father, it would always remain a crying subject for a father who would not complain but might drop tears under the pillow and slowly and slowly one day  he would reach the death bed. Repenting later by a son would never give peace to his soul.

6. terrektwo profile image82
    terrektwoposted 12 years ago

I think a father hopes his son will make the right decisions in life, a lot of the time hopes for better decisions than he made but sometimes that won't happen. In my view a father should always try to help his son if possible, helping them grow up doesn't really stop at 18, sometimes not even at 30 or 40.

7. powerofknowledge1 profile image60
    powerofknowledge1posted 12 years ago

Father expect nothing from his sons. He just wants that the moral teaching which he gave his grow up son he will follow him. He just want that his son will become a civilized human being who knows his responsibilities towards his country, his family. He just want in his absence his son is able to handle the responsibility very well.

Father always want to see his son's success. No one else except father who feels proud on the success of his son. Father share his experience of life with his son without any greed. He never think that some day when he is getting old his son will fulfill his desires. A father's love and care which he passes to his son is just free from any kind of worldly greed. He just desire that one day his son will become his walking stick when he is getting old.

8. dipsmi profile image64
    dipsmiposted 12 years ago

i guess a good son will expect his son to be like him,to follow his footsteps...

9. stanwshura profile image71
    stanwshuraposted 12 years ago

I'll ignore my initial impulse to balk at the gender emphasis, as "society" has placed the "father-son" relationship on a ridiculous pedestal.

My specific answer to your question is this:  a CHILD owes to his/her parent exactly the reflection of their upbringing.  If it was filled with love, sacrifice, communication, fairness, *MODELLED* responsibility and manners and civic (NOT patriotic) participation and all that, then the grown child is almost certainly going to reflect back the humility, gratitude, and example of which his/her parents can be proud and to which they can be endeared.

If the kid was ignored, neglected, abused - if the parents were tyrants, selfish, mean, insensitive  - hey - the kid owes them NOTHING but contempt.  But - he owes HIMSELF the chance to have a happy, successful, fulfilling life by harnessing whatever support and inner strength he can to become the person GOOD parents would have raised - NOT for their sorry asses, but for himself.

Andy deserved Opie.  And Homer deserves Bart.  I'd try to cite real life examples of rotten parents having raised rotten people - but I can fathom no causal examples from memory, and I'm not inclined to depress and anger myself by finding them.

The author of "A Child Called It"?  He turned out okay, at least according to his books.  I can't get past the first couple of pages of the aforementioned book without wishing his mom alive again so that I could do to her what he was more than entitled to have done had he not been sorta rescued and then followed a rigorous and strong path.  I cannot articulate the carnage, abuse, disrespect, defacation, hatred, and mortal anger that he was certainly entitled to have given his mother, the utter and total spiritual and bodily humiliation he was more than entitled to have subjected her to given the ....

I've never met her and I loathe the filthy bitch and seethe everytime I happen to think of her selfish and gratuitiously and SHOCKINGLY humiliating and dangerous abuse.

Anyway - my point?  Karma.  No one - of any authority or from any social strata is "entitled" to respect or deference by virtue of their position - and that includes teachers, judges, cops, clergy, "yer elders" - ANYONE - unless they ARE indeed decent human beings.

You act like an ass, a brute, or a bully - then you deserve "EJM" - whatever means your victims feel like taking to accomplish just ends, ARE just.

NO adult is excluded from this, including parents.

10. sexualharassment profile image58
    sexualharassmentposted 12 years ago

Well, a simple but true, a father expects his son to be like him in many ways.

11. SportsAgencyblog profile image57
    SportsAgencyblogposted 12 years ago

Most father will expect his son to be a responsible person since its usually the male's duty to raise and provide the needs of his family in the future.

12. cobrien profile image61
    cobrienposted 12 years ago

I would expect grown sons and daughters both to call their parents every weekend, visit on holidays, and remember birthdays, holidays and anniversaries with a gift and a phone call. Grown children should make arrangements for their parent's care when the time comes, no matter what kind of parents they were. I was taught to respect my parents, even when they are wrong. Bad parents really don't mean to be bad.

13. registerdomains profile image60
    registerdomainsposted 12 years ago

Good answers so far, thanks all for providing answers...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)